Everyone loves the ease of crock-pot cooking and I’m no different. Dustin and I enjoy the smell of the house, too!!! This cooler weather had us in the mood for chicken soup, so we came up with this chicken and brown rice recipe by tweaking a few we found online. It turned out amazing and we had enough leftovers for 2 days (it made 8 servings)! This is a low sodium soup, has lots of veggies which I love, not to mention it tasted way better than store brands! Hope you give it a try!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts chopped into bite sized pieces
- Half of white onion diced
- 1 bag of 32 oz. frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, green beans, peas, corn)
- 1 cup sliced baby carrots
- 6 stalks celery diced
- 2 tbsns Italian seasoning (spice)
- 1 tspn salt
- 1 tspn pepper
- 1 tspn garlic powder
- 2 containers 32 oz. reduced sodium fat free chicken broth
- 1.5 cups uncooked brown rice
Cook for 7 hours in crock-pot on low heat, raise to low-medium heat for the last hour to let rice fully cook. (cook time total 8 hours in crock-pot). Cool, serve and enjoy!