If you follow me on social, you know I’ve been struggling lately. Not with running because yay, I got released to run Monday! Albeit 1-2 miles at a time and following the 10% rule so building my base will take some time. I’m struggling with sugar! Ugh! I know, me, clean eating, salad ordering, broccoli posting, me! Newsflash: I am a closet eating candy hoarder. Granted, normally I don’t give in, but lately I have been. Why??? Because I found out I have a peanut intolerance and it’s killing me. When I would normally eat a spoonful of peanut butter, I’m grabbing 3 hershey kisses. Instead of my reeces peanut butter protein shake, I’m eating sweettarts and starbursts. And what is that doing to me? It’s causing major early evening crashes!!! I have been wanting to go to sleep at like 6:30 pm! I realized I’ve got to stop!READ MORE
You’ve seen it before. Those annoying fitness people who post that they can do 5 minute plank holds. Like really??? Well, let me share a secret with you. It’s not as hard as you think. (Insert roll of your eyes at me, sure). But seriously. I used to do 5 minute plank holds all the time. Then I got lazy with abs, and in January a 2 minute plank hold was tough. No lie. My core was not in the same kind of shape and I was like eek, how do I get it back. Let me teach you a little trick that got me back in plank shape in no time (it’s not rocket science)….READ MORE
(Video sped up for ease of watching)
Ready for a great set of oblique exercises to help give you that “v” definition in your stomach?
All you need is a medicine ball and a mat.
1) Grab the medicine ball (I use a 6 lb ball) and do 12-15 russian twists (left to right is one rep).
2) Without resting, place the medicine ball between your knees and lay flat on the mat with arms outstretched to sides. Lower knees side to side rotating at the hips only keeping upper body as still as possible. Perform 10-15 reps (left to right is one rep).
3) Without resting, place medicine ball in hands and lift shoulders off of the floor (do not let them drop!), do 12-15 oblique half circles over your knees. (left to right is one rep). By keeping shoulders lifted off ground, you keep abs engaged.
4) Rest 30 seconds – 1 minute between sets. Repeat entire round of exercises 2 more times to complete 3 sets in total!!!
Enjoy the burn!
Ready for an ab move that will get you super sore and only require one exercise?
After your treadmill run (or just hop on the treadmill):
1) grab the side rails and get in a forearm plank position.
2) Keeping the treadmill OFF and using the belt for resistance bring your feet to your hands bending at the waist so you’re knees touch your nose (or close). My hamstrings are super tight so I bend a bit.
3) Continue the move for 10 reps
4) Rest 30 seconds – 1 minute between sets. Repeat exercise 3 times.
Enjoy the burn!
You’ll need a scooter board and a medicine ball and a towel (or carpeted area).
The goal of this exercise is to do these two moves in a combination fashion without much rest at all in between. The first exercise is a switch arm medicine ball push up using a medicine ball and keeping your feet on a scooter board. You should feel this in your triceps and your entire core due to the instability of holding the scooter board in place and holding the plank motion. Aim to do 8-10 reps.