I often get asked about my non-running fashion choices. I do often say that shopping is one of my top talents! So I thought I’d compose a blog post about the last 5 items I have bought that are not running related. I do follow lots of fashion bloggers so lots of my ideas come from their posts/sites but I also know what works for my body and also think I’m pretty good at helping others dress theirs, so if you have a question for me, feel free to comment and ask!
I love trendy pieces, but try not to spend a ton on those as they only last a season or two. I do spend more on classic pieces that will last 5-10 years. So here goes. I’m not a fashion model or blogger so none of this has links to like to know it or anything like that. It just so happens all 5 items were purchased at Nordstrom. And no, Nordstrom does not hook me up AT ALL. (If they happen to read this, and want to, I’m totally cool with that). 🙂 I just love the versatility of Nordys and that their price point is decent and that their returns are amazing!
1. Wayf Posie Strappy Camisole – $55 I purchased it in grey micro and found it runs true to size. The only issue with this top is you can’t wear a bra so you’ll have to wear gel petals or something like that (I like these from Nordstrom Rack). Buy this according to chest size because it is not adjustable! I bought an XS and a S and the XS was too tight in the chest. This is the small and it’s baggier in the waist but fits much better up top!
2. Soprano ruffle off the shoulder dress – $45 I bought African Red (and I got it on sale for $26!!!) but that color is no longer available. I was really surprised by the quality of this dress given the price. It would totally work for a cocktail dress or a nice night out! This is juniors sizing and I bought a small for reference.
3. Free People Bralette – $38 I bought the black and I bought this because I have several V neck and low cut blouses that I haven’t known what to put under. I usually wear a sports bra. 🙂 I saw a few fashion bloggers post in this and it is so much cuter!!! I find this runs similar to sports bra sizing. (I’m a small for reference).
4. Leith Ruched Body Con Sleeveless Dress $56 Shown here in Coral Cedar Heather, it looks darker in real life than on the Nordstrom site. This is one of my favorite Nordy buys ever.
I actually have this dress in army green from last season and in the long sleeve version (see here) in navy. It is soooo flattering and the ruching is great for anyone wanting to hide a belly (or even if you don’t have a belly, it’s still super flattering)!
Seriously, you can pair it with heels and hit the town, or toss on cute flip flops and go antiquing with the girls! For reference I find this runs true to size (a tad snug in chest) but I’m an XS and because of the gathering in the stomach, I can’t go any bigger.
5. Leith circle cardigan $44.98 (on sale!) Get this before it’s gone!!! I bought this in the tan ethereal heather and I think it compliments dresses so well! It would pair with leggins and a tank well, also! Brunch with the inlaws? Don’t want to show too much skin? Pop this over your spaghettti strap dress and voila, your demure! 🙂
Well there you have it! My last 5 buys! Which was your favorite??? Would love to know your thoughts!!! What else would you like to see? A “runch” blog post? How I transition from a run to lunch? Let me know!