Sounds yummy, right? Haha, they are, I swear! Okay, so let me share something with you. When I am looking for healthy protein dense recipes, I don’t look to Pinterest anymore. Why? Because I don’t trust it. (I’ve had too many fails).
I go to my good friend (for real, we are friends … she’ll probably even comment on this blog post), Rebekah Kathleen Clementson’s website and check her recipe section for ideas. She is a former bikini competitor, fitness model and Fitness RX magazine contribitor, not to mention AMAZING runner and baker! She follows IIFYM, rather than intuitive eating like me, but whether you count macros or not, you can still follow her recipes! Earlier this week, I was craving cookies and I went to her website for a recipe. I saw her Reese’s Pieces Gluten Free Cookies and wanted to make them so bad but checked my pantry and didn’t have Reese’s or Devotion Angel Food Cake Protein, so I improvised. I made these Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies instead. The recipe is nearly identical except the swap for protein (I use Cytosport 100% Whey Vanilla) and semi sweet chocolate chips in place of Reese’s Pieces. Check it out below!
INGREDIENTS AND DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat over to 350F
- 28 grams coconut flour (4tbsp)
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used Cytosport)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup (61grams) unsweetened applesauce
- Mix above ingredients together, (be sure to mix applesauce in well, may have to use your hands), then portion into 7 balls and place on greased cookie sheet
- Press 2 semi sweet chocolate chips on top of each cookie
- Bake for approx. 10 minutes
- Calories 46kcal
- Protein 4.8g
- Fat 1.1g
- Carbs 4.4g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 1.7g
- FOR ALL 7 COOKIES: 322 kcal, 34g protein, 8g fat, 31g carb, 14g sugar, 12g fiber
These can also be packed in tupperware and frozen for another day! Would love to hear what you think about them! Happy eating!!!
*** The few calorie difference between my cookies and Rebekah’s is due to the calorie diffence in our protein supplements and Reese’s and semi sweet chocolate chips.***