This super duper easy recipe should be in your arsenal of weekly, if not daily recipes!!! We use it as a side dish and as a snack! These broiled veggie chips have the crunch fix of a potato chip but the health benefit of vegetables!!! Here’s how to fix them:Ingredients:
4 vegetables of your choice
1.5 tbsn Olive oil
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Drizzle 1.5 tbsn of extra virgin olive oil on a baking sheet
- Slice 4 vegetables of your choice very thinly (I used 2 zuchinni and 2 carrots today)
- Spread veggies onto oiled baking sheet. As you spread the veggie slices out, mix them around a bit as you spread them out so you spread the oil out onto them.
- Sprinkle the tops of the veggies with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to flavor. I just use my eye for measure.
- Pop in the oven for 17 minutes.
They are ready when the edges have a little burnt edge to them.
If yours do not come out crispy, you didn’t slice your veggies thin enough. You can use other veggies but ones you can slice into rounds work best! I love squash like this, too! That’s what I had yesterday!!!
Tips: If yours are soggy, try the following: be sure your vegetables are on an upper rack of your oven. Do not overcrowd your veggies on your baking pan (mine are for photo purposes only). Allow them space so they can broil. If they are overlapping, they will steam. Do not overoil. If they are too wet, they will not get crispy. Play around with the oil measurements – my vegetables may be different sized than yours. If they are still soggy, try adding a dash of corn starch on top of the veggies before popping in the oven.
Nutrition (servings 4): Calories 82 Carbs 8g Fat 5.5g Protein 2g Sugars 4g Fiber 2g
I love to precut my veggies and keep in ziploc baggies and have on hand so I can pop these in the oven at lunch time and in the afternoon for quick snacks to curb hunger! Just a helpful tip!!! Try it out and enjoy!!!