So I’ve been making a super low cal mug cake recipe for a while and it’s good if you are looking for low calorie, no nut butter. Find it here – 100 calorie chocolate cake. But if you are more concerned about paleo/clean eating/etc, I adapted that recipe and came up with this one for you:
Healthy Gluten Free Chocolate Nut Butter Mug Cake
- 2 tbsn of stevia or sugar substitute (I only had sweet n low on hand) 😐
- 1.5 tbsn gluten free flour
- 1 tbsn egg white substitute or 1 egg white from egg
- 2 tbsn unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsn unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsn natural almond or peanut butter (your choice crunchy or smooth – I love Adam’s Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter)
Combine the stevia or sugar substitute, gluten free flour, egg white, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt into a mug and mix. Add the milk and nut butter and stir til smooth.
Pop in the microwave for 70 seconds on high. Serve right away.
Nutrition: 1 serving Calories 187 Fat 10g (2g saturated) Protein 9g Carbs 18g Sugar 1g Fiber 6g
Let me know if this cures your sweet tooth!!! I think it’s amazing and I’m not even a huge cake fan!